Look to the Pit Viper series of drills if technology, productivity, and high asset life for the lowest total cost of ownership are on your list of priorities.
The multi pass PV-275 Pit Viper for holes up to 59.4 m (195 ft) deep and 171 mm to 270 mm (6-3/4” – 10-5/8”) diameter, has become a staple in the mining industry through its proven performance and reliability.
• The PV-275 features a patented cable feed system with automatic tensioning for improved component life and low total cost of operation
• Options for both diesel and electric power plants make the PV-275 a flexible option for any type of operation.
• The tower is a “live tower” design meaning it can be raised and lowered with a full carousel and the rotary head at the top of the tower – further testament to the structural design of the tower.
• The optional Epiroc patented hydraulic wet clutch removes the load of the compressor during non-drilling functions and decreases fuel consumption and TCO
• The standard Rig Control System (RCS) provides on board automation capability as part of the standard drill package to help deliver safety and productivity. With RCS you can run automation with an operator on board with options like auto drill and auto level or you can run with the operator off the drill with the optional BenchREMOTE package allowing one operator to run one or multiple units. With the RCS system on Pit Vipers you can even achieve your ambition of fully autonomous drilling with almost no human interaction with the drill.
Meet our Robot! This is a fully autonomous cables Epiroc Pit Viper - 275 that improves predictability, efficiency and quality for the processes downstream.